Deadoks on an adventure

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Hell'o

First, as it is still the time I wish a happy new year 2024 full of happy times and good health to all.
Second, it's finally the occasion for me to open this thread and see if I can follow the path I created to get fit again. I'm a long long (long) time lurker of Darebee's works and I always enjoyed using it, sharing it, copying it because I really like the generous mindset behind it "Fitness (free) for all".
I want to apologize for any mistake in the English language as it is not my main language.

Why I'm here? Years 2021 and 2022 were a hard time for me, I always was into health, muscle, sports... but health hit me wrong for that period!
I'll pass the details... From 2023 I'm a little bit back on track, slowly (very slowly) getting my mind and health back on a good way.
And that's why I'm here... to share this path... I'll maybe put some of what I did in 2023 but it's really soft... I'll see... I write on the go so maybe in 2 minutes I'll change my mind.

Me in short... I'm a man, age 45+ 1m92 for 100kg with quite some muscle but yeah I'm not shredded... I'm certainly at the moment like 22 to 24% fat... (maybe more, I did not calculate). I did musculation for some years, all natural, gave my good chest, good shoulder, good overall but
I live in Belgium with my partner and my two young children. Working as freelance in the database area (Oracle, MySQL etc...) for more then 23 years now...
Out of resetting my fitness and muscle goal to be back on track I do golf because it makes me reset my stress and I love to walk (and search).
I'm also a self hypnosis practitioner. I discovered it 2 years ago and I can say that hypnosis and self hypnosis helped me a lot in the recovery process. A real life changer!
A bit more... I'm also a fan of heroic fantasy, roleplay, metal rock music,...
Concerning roleplay, I really like the idea of the RPG programs... I have written several scenarii during my years of mastering warhammer, d&d etc... I would love yo adapt them as programs... I really enjoy to do the one from Darebee... So I'll in the future but this is next steps... I need to slowly up my strenght and cardio.

To conclude. So so I think it's a quite good introduction!
I'll definitely try to keep up with updating this thread to share with you all. I read already quite some thread and I really enjoy discovering some of what you did, it's a good motivation. It seems like this community is full of awesomeness...

I wish you all the best in your live.
Catch you later

---------------------------------------------------

What I already did?
was the year I began to move again... Slowly... Very slowly...
I began with some walking outside and some very small exercices series like Jumping Jack, High knee but not following any program...
From september I decided to go back to darebee and follow some programs, workout.
September --> November
- Ironborn - But I did it in 90 days with enough rest day as I had quite some pain... Sometime doing less exercices etc... Just to get in touch and have a base to follow.
- Ten program - September only - I did it slowly and I skipped some days especially for my legs.
- 60 days of cardio - October and november only - I also skipped some days or exercices especially the climber, side lunge that are too painfull for me... Only did also 2 or 3 sets!
- Jump rope - I began jump rope and went slowly by learning first with some tutorial on youtube then I did some serie of 20, 50, 100 skips...
December
- Zero to Hero - I did only this one with some jump rope and some basic abs. I skipped some days! I'll redo zero to hero soon because I want to do it better!

2024 - January program:

For the moment I do Fit December (in January) with my partner and her brother. We have a small whatsapp group and we post when we do it and how we feel about it. I do very slow and cautious but I'll try to be more organised and it's also why I do this thread!

Anyway we see how all these goes.
Happy to hear from the bee's.
Take care,
Deadoks.

---------------------------------------------------

Here is the list of the programs I did and my opinion about them!

ProgramLevelScoreRemarks
Fit December -337/10Fit December 2023 is a nice program including all you need (cardio, legs, abs, lower back) but no strength. Low impact exercises. Fun to do one time but I'll not redo it in the future. Available for a limited time like Fit December 2022.
Push Pull Legs - 335/10PPL is ok program but it's not balanced. The Push & Pull part is good! Too much legs. The worse is the abs too much planks and the increment of duration is horrible (like if it was a challenge). Should keep with the basic exercises for more efficiency!
Pathfinder - 3max8/10I just love it. This role play kind of program is amazing and fun! I don't care what is inside because it's out of any strength/cardio plan but it's just something to follow and enjoy. I did it saving all survivors!
Recovery - 0.5max7/10Very nice program to come back after a big rest, illness, bad time and to begin to move! It can also be added to any other program!
Vitality - 0.537/10It's a very nice and easy program to begin if your condition is near to zero. You can of course do level 1, 2 or 3 depending of your condition!
Arms of steel chair edition - 136/10It's an easy program but some exercise can't be done sitting in a chair.
Ironheart - 334/10No chest and way too much legs. Not balanced at all.
Cardio & abs - 337/10Very nice one! Abs are too easy compared to cardio but exercises are good!

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Thank you @JCU @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Nevetharine @TopNotch :hi:

As I like things good done I'll post in detail my 2024 days...
For 2023 I did not finish anything completely but it helped me to get ready for 2024.
Good resolution ongoing!

01/01/2024 - Day 1
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 1 --> 5 sets - 30 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Jump rope 5x100 skips - 30 sec rest
- Grip training
- Back & Biceps express - 4x10x30kg declined bench press + 2x10x20kg shoulder press. (workout adapted to be very light workout to wake my muscle slowly and avoid any injuries)

02/01/2024 - Day 2
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 2 --> 5 sets - 120 sec rest

Side Quest:

03/01/2024 - Day 3
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 3 --> 5 sets - 90 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Grip training
- Back & Biceps express - 4x10x20kg biceps curl bar + 4x10x10kg Triceps back extension! (workout adapted to be very light workout to wake my muscle slowly and avoid any injuries)

04/01/2024 - Day 4
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 4 --> 5 sets - no rest

Side Quest:

05/01/2024 - Day 5
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 5 --> 5 sets - 45 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Grip training
- Back & Biceps express - 4x10x10kg frontal raise + 4x10x20kg bent over row! (workout adapted to be very light workout to wake my muscle slowly and avoid any injuries)

06/01/2024 - Day 6
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 6 --> 5 sets - 60 sec rest

Side Quest:

07/01/2024 - Day 7
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 7 --> 5 sets - 15 sec rest

Side Quest:

08/01/2024 - Day 8
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 8 --> 5 sets - 15 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Grip training
- Back & Biceps express - 4x10x30kg declined bench press + 4x10x20kg shoulder press. (workout adapted to be very light workout to wake my muscle slowly and avoid any injuries)

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
09/01/2024 - Day 9
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 9 --> 5 sets - 30 sec rest

Side Quest:

Journal:
I'm up to date now! Today was an easy day. I did jump rope inside because we got like minus 6 degree celsius and we're not used to this in Belgium.
I like this Fit december program it makes me prepare for february without wanting to push too much. I keep to the program without doing way more even if I feel I could.

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Welcome! I lived in Belgium roughly 4 years (Brabant Wallon) and it's a very good memory, so, still a soft spot for Belgium :) I am curious, how did you learn self-hypnosis? I used self-hypnosis recordings aimed at IBS, and it worked quite well, but wonder where to read more / learn more about the method.
Anyhow , happy exercise!

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Thank you @PetiteSheWolf :hi:

I learned self hypnosis with a pro with a "hypnotherapeute". We did hypnosis for some month together to try to find some replies to questions I had about myself.
After he learned me to do self hypnosis like this I can continue to work alone.
Sometime I go back to him for a specific session.
I also follow some days/weekend about this area in Belgium, France, Germany and Nederlands mostly :)
At the beginning https://www.psychonaute.fr/ was also a nice website to learn some things. I see now it's an app... So I don't know how it is now.

Have a wonderful day - Passe une bonne journée

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Thank you @Fremen :hi:

10/01/2024 - Day 10
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 10 --> 5 sets - 120 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Grip training
- Back & Biceps express - 4x10x20kg biceps curl bar + 4x10x10kg Triceps back extension! (original workout adapted to my plan)

Journal:
I'm quite feeling good today, I was so tired yesterday but I had a bad night and I wake up at 6am to go work. Last night I could sleep at the same time I put children in bed, so quite early and it gave my some hours back.
It's so cold in Belgium these days I did my jump rope inside again.
Grip training is to prepare for the dead hang challenge because I would like to work slowly on beeing able to do some pullups one day!
For Fit December it was a quite harder one with squats but I did it, just needed that 2 mins rest max.
I'm already looking for the next month plan that will be a little more complete especially for the muscle plan. I'll not go for a personal plan for some month so I think I'll do the
PPL program or the Ironborn program as it included also abs. For cardio I want to do the Zero to Hero program and the foundation light program.
I'll see but first I still have 21 days of january to manage!

All the best for you all and take care
Deadoks,

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
11/01/2024 - Day 11
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 11 --> 5 sets - 30 sec rest

Side Quest:

Journal:
All fine today! it's cold outside, did my 8 hours at work, did my fitness routine, taking care of my younglings (cooking, playing).
Then I'll soflty put them in bed and I think today I'll finaly begin to read a book! It's so tempting to watch a serie...

Good vibes & take care

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
@Maegaranthelas so so I still have this first volume of "Game of Thrones" taking dust near my bed. My partner wants to read it and I always say no I'll begin soon... 2 or 3 month ago...
Another option is to finish the "how to invest into houses" book but then it'll again be business stuff... That one I should read during work pause and not before sleeping...

By the way yesterday I choose the dark side of the force and watch a serie... Today maybe... Why is it so hard? Maybe I'll try to make it a challenge with her to make it easier.
Reading and meditation/hypnosis are fitting good together so I definitely have to get it in my routine. I know the day I do it'll be easy to keep it up, but it's crazy how hard it is to begin. It's like a joke "I can't go to reading for month"

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
12/01/2024 - Day 12
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 12 --> 5 sets - 30 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Grip training
- Back & Biceps express - 4x10x10kg frontal raise + 4x10x20kg bent over row! (workout adapted to be very light workout to wake my muscle slowly and avoid any injuries)

Journal:
Side plank exercice got me but I did it fully. Very full day with work, kids but we finished it with a home cinema party for the children. They loved it. So a good day for us.

Take care

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
13/01/2024 - Day 13
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 13 --> 5 sets - 3 sec rest

Side Quest:
- 53 High-knees gift for @Laura Rainbow Dragon birthday

Journal:
Made it earlier today with my partner, she's also doing it good. No skip used at the moment!
Jump rope skips are way harder outside with a rope but sometime the ropeless is handy for inside at least I do 500 skips per day (today was with rope in the cold).
Did one hour of golf practise with my son, he's 7 and he likes to learn it with a nice teacher and friends. Love this sport it's a meditation for me.

Enjoy your day, night and take care.

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
15/01/2024 - Day 15

Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 15 --> 5 sets - 30 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Grip training
- Back & Biceps express - 4x10x30kg declined bench press + 4x10x20kg shoulder press. (workout adapted to be very light workout to wake my muscle slowly and avoid any injuries)

Diet:
- Week 1 --> 101.6kg - 29% - Day 1 :star:

Journal:
So I did 15 consecutive day! 2 full week done and I feel quite good with the fitness part now, my partner also, so we motivate each other to continue.
For me it's time to set my second goal of 2024 and it's to heath healthier, to loose some weight and of course mostly fat.
I begin today! This morning I was 101.6kg (my PR lol) and 29% Fat (scale calculation that I use as a reference).
I'll not detail my diet here but the big lines are: less meat, more veggies, only rice, control sugar intake, no industrial food, adapted to Crohn's disease.
It'll be a 18/6 fasting diet eating at 1pm and at 6pm (so 1pm to 7pm).
I would like to slowly go to 92kg so it's a -10kg goal! I think 5 to 6 month is a reasonable time to make it.
I'll of course have some restaurant with my partner, a glas of wine,... But it'll be limited and I'll find a way to earn it by some sport!
For this week (7 days) I'll first do the detox of my body!

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
16/01/2024 - Day 16
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 16 --> 5 sets - 45 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Hug - day 1
- Recovery - day 1

Diet:
- Week 1 --> 101.6kg - 29% - Day 2 :star:

Journal:
I never train my butt so that day 16 of fit december was less easy then I thought. But I felt it so it's good!
For the second half of january I added the hug challenge and the recovery program to have a little more softness in my life.
Overall I (we) do great!

Take care,

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
17/01/2024 - Day 17
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 17 --> 5 sets - 30 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Grip training
- Hug - day 2
- Recovery - day 2
- Back & Biceps express - 4x10x20kg biceps curl bar + 4x10x10kg Triceps back extension! (original workout adapted to my plan)

Diet:
- Week 1 --> 101.6kg - 29% - Day 3 :star:

Journal:
It's very snowy today so we did a walk in the snow for 30 mins it was nice. I was q big work day also I'm exhausted. We decided to just chill and watch "the creator" on DisneyPlus.

Take care

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
18/01/2024 - Day 18
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 18 --> 5 sets - 30 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Hug - day 3
- Recovery - day 3

Diet:
- Week 1 --> 101.6kg - 29% - Day 4
:star:

Journal:
We did a lovely 1 hour walk in the snow with my partner, children are at the grandparent so we enjoyed it just the two of us, it's important.
I feel great today, a little bit tired and I have some pain to my lower back. I don't know exactly from what I get this pain but it's 4 days now and getting more and more...
I'll not stop anything but I want to add some lower back stretching in my routine. I'll search for a nice workout to do this.

Take care and enjoy your day/night.

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
19/01/2024 - Day 19
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 19 --> 5 sets - 30 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Grip training
- Hug - day 4
- Recovery - day 4

Diet:
- Week 1 --> 101.6kg - 29% - Day 5

Journal:
I forgot to write my post yesterday, we did some work at home, painting after my workday and some grocery m etc... I did my workpout at 10pm.
Back is ok not worse. I did some lower back stretching. We see, maybe I'll skip the skips, I consider it if it goes worse.

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
20/01/2024 - Day 20
Main Quest:
- Fit december - day 20 --> 5 sets - 60 sec rest

Side Quest:
- Jump rope 1x500 skips
- Hug - day 5
- Recovery - day 5

Diet:
- Week 1 --> 101.6kg - 29% - Day 6

Journal:
So my abs are burning now haha feels good. I did the jump rope, could not skip it but I did only the boxer skips with music so it's way softer.
Tonight we had sushi with a glass of red wine St Emilion it was good and I'm still good on my diet with this little extra for the first week. Tomorrow sunday I'll do it soft because we did a lot of work at home and moving some heavy furniture was already a workout.
Changed my skip into a 1x500 as I can do a big serie out of 5 small one. It goes faster and smoother.

Take all care and enjoy your night/day

Last edited: