How long will I keep it up ?

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @roman @Nihopaloa @TopNotch @Lady Celerity @JCU @TheLibrarian @BetaCorvi @Fremen @Gandhalfit @Haleth @NancyTree @PetiteSheWolf @Anek @CODawn @daejamurrachan :loveit:

Okay ! New programsss :
Day 1 of 30 days of hiit advanced
Day 1 of total abs
Day 1 of second round of unbound

Also ran 5km and escaped 2 zombies.

These programs take way more time than what I used to do last month so I will be doing them only 4 to 5 days a week : not on thursdays if I have african danse class, and not on the days I run for longer than 5-6 km.
Let's see if I actually see it through ! :ready:

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @DorothyMH :thanks: I appreciate it 😊
I never would have thought I had in myself in such short time but I guess the combo between the hive and the really good programs and challenges of the darebee team makes all the difference !

Today I ran 5km easy pace and did D4 of HIIT advanced, total abs and unbound.

Tomorrow is 8km fast-pace race... I hope I make a good time but today it was so hard to speed up I don't know if I have it in me... I'll see tomorrow I guess.

We made very good progress on house installation with my sister, moving all the garbage from the attic, the garage and the garden in the same spot so we can drive it to the recycling area (it'll take more than one drive I think...). There is still a lot of garbage in the garden but nothing that can be used as mosquito-incubator. So yay to that!

See you tomorrow bees!

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Anek :love:

I'm pretty proud of myself today. It didn't begin well : I was very tired and my legs felt like logs.
But when my husband started his work from home he discovered that he had taken the day off a while ago due to holidays 😃
After that, things only got better. I employed my man's strength to go grocery shopping on foot and let him do the heavy lifting.
Then after lunch we did D5 of hiit advanced together (burpees... Argh! 252 in total!! Eesh!!!).
Then after the girls naps I went on my 8km fast pace run. It was pouring rain and I got soaked. My shoes were making squishy sounds and my legs felt like they were in a diving suit with the rain gluing the fabric on my skin... And I had to squint my eyes to see anything. But the smell was amazing 😍. My music turned off after 4km, I was bummed at first but concentrated on the sounds of birds, river flowing and the lovely squish squishes of my shoes 😂. I thought I didn't make great time, but it turns out I ran at average pace of 5'15" per km. Which is my best time since going back to running this year. I'm very happy!
Tonight was D5 of total abs (lovely easy standing abs, I didn't have it in myself to do more after the burpees and the run) and D5 of unbound.
Tomorrow will be rest day from running 😊
See you tomorrow bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @roman @daejamurrachan @Nihopaloa @Zenchan @NancyTree @Montserrat @lpf @BetaCorvi @TopNotch @Anek :love: you guys are so nice!

Today I didn't run but I did get soaked again cleaning a plastic sheet that was in our garden for our greenhouse (I am one of those people who have a greenhouse now... I have to get used to it and maybe grow something inside... Otherwise what's the point?). Sorry getting sidetracked there. I was on my hands and knees scrubbing for an hour under the rain this morning so I think it should count as exercising.
Happy though : I didn't throw up this huge amount of plastic and we can use it again now 😊 that's a small sidestep if I consider the number of things we're throwing away with all the renovating of the house but at least it's something.
Tonight I did D6 of hiit advanced, total abs and unbound. They were short in timing which was right for me today, I felt really tired and didn't have the patience for a long workout.
I'm struggling with tiredness and compensating with lots of sweets and bread between meals, which makes my weight pretty stable since the beginning of this thread. I would be okay with this if I wasn't at my trigger weight. I have to find a way to stop eating all those sweets and I'm pretty sure that 1 or 2 kg would fly away and my mind would be back at peace. Maybe I'm asking too much of myself because I just moved in a new house, and I'm keeping track of everything else so this is my way to blow some steam... I don't know what to do really... Eating doesn't help with tiredness, resting does. But with two children constantly wanting my attention or fighting, resting is tricky... Maybe writing it down on this thread will help me stop myself from eating between meals. After all it has worked wonders before for me. So that's my new objective : stop eating sugary things between meals. I won't stop sugar entirely because that's a trigger for me. But I'll allow it only during mealtime, when I sit down at a table and no more than one portion. I can have fruits if I'm really too hungry between meals, I tend to get "hangry" and that's bad for the children. That's the plan for tomorrow. I'll tell you how it went.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I ran 5km with 3 zombies chasing me (but my training plan won't take it on the ZR app :cry:)
I also did D7 of hiit advanced. My arms felt like foam even though I cut it in half (3 sets then 4 sets) because there was a washing machine crisis : turns out I should have pre-washed the towels I used to clean the plastic for the greenhouse. It was too muddy and got the machine's filter full... So it couldn't pump the water out and it got all over the floor when I opened the machine...
After that did D7 of total abs (ouch ouch ouch... Did I mention abs weren't my strong suit?) and D7 of unbound.
And now I'm off to bed because it's late and I want to watch an episode of brooklyn 99.
Good night or day bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I was so tired... I eventually felt like doing my workouts in the end of the afternoon so I kept up my programs.
Today : 6km easy run
D8 of hiit advanced
D8 of total abs
D8 of unbound

I kept my word so far and had no sugar between meals yesterday and today. Third day and more are the tricky stage with me so I hope I'll maintain that tomorrow as well.

I took some books about gardening and composting at the library, the only question is : when will I find the time to read them? So I'll add 15 minutes of reading to my checklist here.

As well as 15 minutes of duolingo because I have a hard time keeping that up these days...

Have a nice day or night bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @CODawn and @Lady Celerity :love:
I did rest a long part of the day... It's been a bit much for me these past weeks. Things should wind down as I get a new rythm and get used to how things are now. I hope so at least 🤞
Today I did my 8km run in the morning and also D9 of programs (hiit advanced, total abs and unbound).
I already read my 15 minutes of gardening books which means I now know how I should start a compost. I do need a machine to chunck the wood in little pieces though : my brother has one he's okay to lend but it doesn't fit in our car and he's out of town for the weekend. I'll ask him if we can borrow it next weekend.
And I did 15 minutes of duolingo while my youngest cuddled on my lap.
The good thing is we're eating a potato gratin with loads of vegan cheese (homemade yesterday) and smoked tofu. (Vegan version of a tartiflette... Mmmh) It smells so good in the whole house! I'm hungry!
We'll see if we can advance on our projects in the garden this afternoon...

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I ate way too much sugar... Again. Not between meals but still...
Otherwise it was a good day overall. I had time to actually spend time with my girls! I played a board game with them, read them a huge book and coloured a big picture with them in the morning, and after their naps they helped me remove some rotten wood from a spot in the garden (with their ski gloves on because I didn't have anything the right size for them) to our now huge pile of rotten wood that waits the bigger car to go to the waste recycling place. And we watched a bit of film tonight with homemade caramel pop corn 😍 (thanks to husband). It felt like I hadn't had time to spend actual time with my children for weeks now (other than the basics around food, hygiene and sleep)...
Exercising-wise, I did D10 of advanced hiit, total abs and unbound, and ran 5km.
I also did 45 minutes of duolingo and I am about to read my 15 minutes about gardening.
Tomorrow I have to get up extra early to run those 14km... I already feel tired about it! But it'll be tuesday and my husband goes to the office on those days so I'll have no other time to go.
I hope I will make it, I've never run as long before...

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @HellYeah @Fremen @TopNotch @JCU @Montserrat @Nihopaloa @roman @Lady Celerity @NancyTree @Anek :thanks:

It was a pretty long run... And yesterday was a long day after the run... I shouted a lot with the girls and wasn't proud of myself. I did my 15 minutes of duolingo but did not read about gardening. And I ate a lot throughout the day... I got to bed super early and slept like a log 😅
Today was better temper-wise. My husband had his day off so he took one of the girls while running his errands and I was left with the other. It was very nice and I got to spend some quality time with each of them this way, while batch-cooking for the week (which took all day because my stove had a problem and only one heating spot functionned...).
So now our meals are ready (or almost) for the week and we have a compost that we started the proper way this time and I sanded the garden table in order to oil it later.
Exercise wise : looong workouts! My husband joined me and it took us more than one hour to complete D11 of hiit advanced, of total abs and of unbound. I'm happy I didn't try them yesterday!
I'm going to do some duolingo now but won't be reading tonight I think.
Have a nice night/day bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today was a rest day. The workouts (D12 of hiit advanced, total abs and unbound) were really easy and short, and I didn't run. I was at my father's so he played with my daughters and I had plenty of time to do duolingo and piano practice. I even had a nap ! And baked vegan cookies stuffed with gooseberry jam :ss:
It was soooo nice ! It gave me back plenty of energy !
Have a nice night or day bees !

Tileenah

Warrior from France
What are you learning on Duolingo, if I may ask? I hunted through your thread a couple of times but either didn't catch it, or I'm blind, or you didn't tell :worry:
I didn't 😂
I'm re-learning italian and german : I learned them in school and was able to speak with people if you don't consider the ton of grammar mistakes that was bad for school tests 😅 but I completely forgot them due to lack of practice and I find it very infuriating... (On this note if you guys have good german films to recommend I'd love that, when it's an american film with german translation the actors talk so fast I really can't follow...)
And also (because I'm a bit crazy) I'm learning japanese and spanish because why not. I'm really bad at kanjis though and the spanish and the italian end up completely mixed up in my head so I now speak a new language of spalianish. But I don't want to drop either of them :giveup:
So I'm stuck with not learning much of each of these, but having a hell of a good time, which is what matters in the end :LOL: I get overexcited when I understand a word in an anime (my husband has to hit the pause button many times so that I can dance my happy dance) or in a song. To each his own joy right ? :angel:

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
It is more of a multilingual movie (Deutsch und English), but Wim Wender's "das Himmel über Berlin" (les ailes du désir) is one of my favorite movies ever :)
Don't know if the old "Derrick" serie can be easily found in OV , but could be good.

Last edited: