New Community Feature: Gifts

Hi everyone!
We are trying out a new feature in the community: GIFTS! Please help us test it and make sure everything works ok across devices :happy:

To give someone a GIFT, you need to use the following tag (without spaces):

[ GIFT= push-ups ] 20 [ /GIFT ]

x20

Specify the exercise and the number of reps for your gift. We currently only have:

burpees
high-knees
punches
plank-crunches
push-ups
jumping-jacks
jump-squats
knee-strikes

Once we are sure it works as intended, we'll add more exercises!
You can post below which exercises you want us to prioritize.

How do gifts work?
You are literally gifting someone your effort. So you could give someone 100 jumping jacks for their birthday or - just because. This means that you need to do 100 jumping jacks first and then you can gift them to that person. It's a gift of effort and that's what makes it valuable. Tip: For birthdays, the number of reps that you gift has to be equal to the the age of the giftee.

This was inspired by @Laura Rainbow Dragon ... whose birthday is coming up by the way :watch:

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
I don't know if I should say it is really neat, or really cruel. :muahaha:
maleficent GIF

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
For a moment there, when @neilarey first announced this feature a small evil part of me thought:
Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

and then, once I read how it works it was more like:
Confused Tom Hanks GIF

But I guess it makes it way more fair and also a gift of true value (what each of us does, elevates those around us). Darn it! Being good and fair ain't easy!
Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
These Gifts for Darebee team :ss:

Purpose: Using Spoiler to quick review before using it

x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20

Last edited:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Testing with a time-based exercise:

x60 seconds (30 seconds per side)

This is so sweet!

I would love more options for held poses. Like my favourite planks: alternate arm + leg plank, and side star plank.
I don't know if you have images for these, but 3-legged dog and 2-legged dog are also super fun.

It would also be great to have some cardio options to gift to Bees who do low impact.

:tu:for creating this feature!
DAREBEE just keeps getting more awesome all the time!

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
These Gifts for Darebee team :ss:

Purpose: Using Spoiler to quick review before using it

x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
x20
I updated the table

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Question:
Does the person that receive the gift has to do them also then? I mean if I send a gift of my effort it's to give it free.
If I do a planning for the week with my own exercice (cardio, muscle) challenge I'll definitely not redo the gift a receive because it'll not cope to my planning...
I thought gift was a give only (not like the snowball game I saw on the forum where you decide to play or not).

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
@Deadoks hi, your gift = your effort. The person who received the gift doesn't have to do anything. You are basically doing something for them, in their honor. Think about it like this: "I dedicate this set of push-ups to this person".

I hope this helps.
Thank you @neilarey
It's just that I saw @Laura Rainbow Dragon redoing all gift so I wanted to be sure I understood well.
I just dont wanted to be rude to the gifter if I did not redo gift. But it can then be a huge workout lol.
Then it stays free to the person to redo it or not.