Exercising towards a better tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Lady Celerity @JCU @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Nevetharine @TopNotch @Fremen @Mianevem

@Lady Celerity - It was the first time I've made it, turned out pretty good!

More exercising done:-

Universal Warmup done,
50 Calf Raises (EotD) done (Over 2 sets),
Day 1 of Power Squats done,
Captain (WotD) done (3 sets, couldn't do the Planks on the final set though),
Stretched done.

Gotta get the last bits of Christmas shopping done, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Urgh...
Yesterday was not a particularly "Merry" Christmas:-

Took the Housemate to the park to try and cheer her up, didn't work, neither of us felt like going home, so we spent a solid 5 hours just wandering the streets. When we finally went home I was done with the day and was going to go to bed early, which the Housemate got all passive-aggressive about (She hates being left on her own), I'd had enough so I just left, but I couldn't figure out where to go, so after another hour or so of aimless wandering I went back home.
Don't think I'll do Christmas next year.

I ache all over (especially my poor noodlely legs), but I managed a little bit of exercising today:-

Universal Warmup done,
2 Minutes W Extensions (EotD) done (Took a lot of breaks),
Shadowheart done (2 sets),
Day 3 of Power Squats done (2 sets).

Gotta cook the Christmas dinner we didn't have yesterday, before it goes yucky, see y'all tomorrow!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I am sorry your day went like that, @aku-chan .

We (and/or the people around us) put so much pressure on December 25 to be "special" that any unpleasantness that does arise on that day only gets magnified and feels even worse than it would on a different day. In truth, December 25 is just a day. It's one revolution of our planet around its axis, with all the pain and problems and anxieties of any other day.

I hope that your next spin around Earth's axis is a happier one for you.

:hug:

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @JCU @PetiteSheWolf @Laura Rainbow Dragon - I'm doing better now. It's just that living in a less extreme version of that old Twilight Zone episode where you have to be happy all the time, or a weird kid will turn you into a Jack-in-the-box, gets to me sometimes.

@Laura Rainbow Dragon - Yeah, that's definitely what's bothering the Housemate at the moment. She's been reminiscing a lot about the awesome Christmases of the past when the holiday season was just one long party for her and her husband, and that's just never happening again.

Anyways on to exercising!

Universal Warmup done,
40 Plank Rotations (EotD) done (In one go, managed to get to 20 with the Rotations, the rest were just Arm Raises),
Day 4 of Power Squats done,
Cardio Combat (WotD) done (3 sets, I've got my puff back so I can do a bit of cardio again! :chicken:),
Stretched done.

Pizza for dinner, I'm getting better at not over doing them, but I'm still probably eating bigger ones than I should, see y'all tomorrow!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Thanks! @JCU @PetiteSheWolf @Laura Rainbow Dragon - I'm doing better now. It's just that living in a less extreme version of that old Twilight Zone episode where you have to be happy all the time, or a weird kid will turn you into a Jack-in-the-box, gets to me sometimes.

@Laura Rainbow Dragon - Yeah, that's definitely what's bothering the Housemate at the moment. She's been reminiscing a lot about the awesome Christmases of the past when the holiday season was just one long party for her and her husband, and that's just never happening again.
:hug:
40 Plank Rotations (EotD) done (In one go, managed to get to 20 with the Rotations, the rest were just Arm Raises),
:u:
Cardio Combat (WotD) done (3 sets, I've got my puff back so I can do a bit of cardio again! :chicken:),
:welcome:
Pizza for dinner,
:pizza::plot::eatall::LOL:

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Missed yesterday, woke up with a dose of the melancholies, doing better today though. :yas:

Too many Lunges in today's exercises though:-

Universal Warmup,
40 Lunge Step-Ups (EotD) done (Over 3 sets),
Days 5 and 6 of Power Squats done,
Northman (WotD) attempted (2 sets, just couldn't face that last lot of Lunges),
Stretched done.

Not sure what to do today, gotta have a think, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Gave it a real good go today:-

Universal Warmup done,
2 Minutes Arm Scissors (EotD) done (In one go),
Reacher done (3 sets with Knee Push-Ups),
Day 1 of Hard Reset Strength done (3 sets),
Day 7 of Power Squats done,
Morning Mobility attempted (I got one side done but my bad foot started acting up when I tried the other).

And now to rest my arms, my dumbbells were heavier than I remember, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Got up late, made the mistake of being on the laptop last thing last night (It was gone 2am before I finally escaped the Internets clutches), but managed to do the important bits of my workout this morning before I needed to go out:-

Day 8 of Power Squats done,
Day 1 of Hard Reset Cardio done (4 sets, just couldn't quite manage that final set).

Hopefully I can do more tomorrow, see y'all then!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Happy New Year! @Lady Celerity and everyone else! :party:

Missed a couple days, hurt my bad foot stepping on a bit of wonky pavement. :stomp:
Still hurts like heck, but I can stand unaided for a bit today, so I thought I'd have a stab at catching up with my workouts while I'm still fairly new to the programs:-

Universal Warmup done,
60 Seconds Sumo Squats (EotD) done (In one go),
No Capes (WotD) done (3 sets. Had to do 2 sets of Shoulder Taps standing up and couldn't do the One-Legged Plank on my bad foot),
Days 9 and 10 of Power Squats done,
Day 2 of Hard Reset Strength done (3 sets. Couldn't Lunge, so I did Weighted Side Steps and March Steps),
Day 2 of Hard Reset Cardio attempted (3 sets. Was struggling to stay on my feet after that).

That was a bit too much, but if I can mange to do it again tomorrow I'll be back on track, see y'all then!

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Hoping your foot is not too bad and you are as good as new soon!

Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by chuber channel

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @NancyTree @Matan @MadamMeow @Lady Celerity @JCU @Fremen @Mamatigerj @TopNotch @Nevetharine - It's back to it's usual achy self. Much like my bad elbow, I don't think it will ever fully heal up and I'll just have to be careful in future. I hate getting old... :sadness:

Writing of getting old and achy, it turns out trying to get caught up on Wednesday really was too much, my leg muscles still hurt! At least I could do a bit of exercising today:-

Universal Warmup done,
50 Elbow Plank Arm Raises (EotD) done (5 sets of 10),
Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings and Calves (WotD) done,
Day 11 of Power Squats done,
Day 3 of Hard Reset Strength done (Had to do a couple poses standing up, didn't have the space otherwise),
Day 3 of Hard Reset Cardio done (Really struggled with the Climbers, couldn't do them anywhere near fast enough),
Stretched done.

Today's exercises were not as easy as they looked on screen, but at least I did them, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Another day of exercising done:-

Universal Warmup done,
60 Seconds Single Leg Hops (EotD) done (In one go, still can't hop on one leg though),
Phoenix Rising (WotD) done (3 sets, managed about 90% of the Jumping Jacks),
Day 4 of Hard Reset Strength done (Boring but at least there was only one set, I hope),
Day 12 of Power Squats done,
Morning Mobility done (Still finding this one a struggle).

Curry for dinner, yum, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Slept very poorly all weekend, but was determined to do a little bit today:-

Universal Warmup done,
50 Lunge Punches (EotD) done, (In one go, had to stop Lunging after about 20 though),
Man Of Action attempted (1 set, even managed the Burpees, sort of),
Day 4 of Hard Reset Cardio attempted (2 sets),
Day 13 of Power Squats done.

It's snowing (a bit), thought it was a bit colder today, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Gotta take the Housemate to an early Doctors appointment this morning so I just did the important bits:-

Universal Warmup done,
Day 5 of Hard Reset Strength done (3 sets),
Day 14 of Power Squats done.

At least I'm being treated to a Jacket Potato for being up far earlier than I'd like, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
And I'm back!
Just been struggling to get out of bed early enough, but even the Housemate wanted to start exercising again, so here we are.

Found it really difficult today, not sure if the exercises were extra hard, or my inconsistency these last few weeks have left me weak and feeble :lazy:, but I did what I could:-

Universal Warmup done,
30 Glute Flex (EotD) done (In one go),
Stripes (WotD) attempted (Managed 1 set),
Day 15 of Power Squats attempted (2 sets),
Day 5 of Hard Reset Cardio attempted (2 sets).

Gotta do better tomorrow :strong:, see y'all then!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Baryl @Laura Rainbow Dragon

Another day of struggling to get out of bed, it's too cold! :zzz:
But at least I did manage some exercising:-

Universal Warmup done,
53 Knife Hands and 53 Side Kicks done (Realised that I'd completely forgotten about @Laura Rainbow Dragon 's Birthday exercises on Saturday),
Shadowheart (WotD) done (3 sets. Dang, this one is tough for a level 1! Kept having to take little breaks to shake the aches out of my arms),
Day 16 of Power Squats done,
Day 6 of Hard Reset Strength done (3 sets, I can Lunge again if I'm careful),
Stretched done.

Not doing much today, Housemate is currently buried under a pile of blankets, wanna update my cookbook got about a dozen recipes to write in to it, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Got out of bed a bit easier and earlier today:-

Universal Warmup done,
60 Seconds Bear Plank Hold (EotD) done (Managed about 20 seconds of Bear Plank before my foot started complaining, did the rest as normal Plank),
Temple Run (WotD) done (3 sets),
Day 17 of Power Squats done,
Day 6 of Hard Reset Cardio done (3 sets, not sure I'll ever have enough puff left to do all 5 sets, but I do do well over 20 minutes of Walking every day anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter that much?),
Morning Mobility done.

See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Had to pop out early, but managed to squeeze in a bit of exercising:-

Universal Warmup done,
20 Shrimp Squats (EotD) done (Did regular Squats, not up to doing Shrimpy ones!),
Crunch Time (WotD) attempted (1 set),
Day 18 of Power Squats done,
Day 7 of Hard Reset Strength done.

I'm halfway through the week, let's see if I can make it all the way, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Another day done!

Universal Warmup done,
40 Plank Rotations (EotD) done (Didn't really have enough space for these today, so I did 10 Rotations and 30 Plank Arm Raises),
Innkeeper (WotD) done (3 sets),
Day 19 of Power Squats done (Struggled with these today, legs kept needing little breaks),
Day 7 of Hard Reset Cardio done (Couldn't get that final batch of Crunches and Knee Tucks done, my poor tummy muscles had had enough!).

Watched Jumanji last night, hadn't seen it in at least 20 years and had forgotten what a really great film it is, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
And another day done! :excited:

Woke up with a headache so I went with exercises that involved no jumping:-

Universal Warmup done,
30 Front Kicks done (Did these instead of the EotD),
Asgardian attempted (2 sets with Knee Push-Ups),
Day 20 of Power Squats done,
Day 8 of Hard Reset Strength done (Had to take a few breaks doing those Upward Downward Dogs),
Stretched done.

Brain is very tired today, hopefully it'll wake up later so I can do stuff, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @NancyTree @JCU @Laura Rainbow Dragon @TopNotch - The headache settled down as the day went on. My brain objected to being woken up from a deep sleep by the Housemate (I'd already got her up and settled in the lounge at 5am like usual, but then she woke me up an hour or so later because she had the fidgets and couldn't figure out how to occupy herself).

@Lady Celerity - Yep, the later ones are pretty good, but letting the chaos escape into the "real" world was a lot more fun. Plus you can't beat a bit of Robin Williams!

I did it! A whole week of exercising! :yas:
Now to try for two...

Universal Warmup done,
2 Minutes W Extensions (EotD) done (My old enemy returns! Didn't time mine, took too many breaks, just did 3 sets of 40),
Hammertime done (3 sets. Tweaked my bad foot doing the Split Jacks during set 1, so switched to Step and Side Jacks),
Day 21 of Power Squats done,
Day 8 of Hard Reset Cardio done (3 sets. Replaced the Bounces with March Steps),
Stretched done.

Gotta be out early tomorrow, but I'll aim to at least get the important exercises done, see y'all then!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
:thanks: @Laura Rainbow Dragon

Managed to do more than I thought this morning:-

Universal Warmup done,
40 Twist Lunges (EotD) done (2 sets of 20),
I Just Need To Be Faster Than You (WotD) done (3 sets. Couldn't do all the Split Jacks, my bad foot hates them!),
Day 22 of Power Squats done,
Day 9 of Hard Reset Strength done (3 sets).

So far today, I've taken the Housemate to get a blood test and had a jacket potato for breakfast. Now I'm letting the Housemate have a nap before I take her shopping, see y'all tomorrow!