Steadfast as the Hills of Stone

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
Thank you, @Mamatigerj , @JCU , @Fremen , @Anek , @NancyTree ! Both of us were fine by the time we got home, but we very much felt the lack of proper sleep.

Monday, 18 December

Nothing, I had a lot of stuff to catch up on. :(

Tuesday, 19 December

Evening
-- 7 km run

Wednesday, 20 December

Before breakfast
-- 60 min on the elliptical | day 57 of 60 Days of Walking

Thursday, 21 December

Midday
-- 5 km run

Evening
-- about 90 min ice skating
In the rain… it was perfectly fine until I fell into all that water accumulating on top of the ice, and my wool gloves soaked it all up within a second. Luckily, my friends offered to take me home and their car is big enough to transport a bike, too, so I didn't have to cycle another 10 km in the cold rain.

Late evening
-- 10 min meditation | day 4 of Zen

Biking: 10.05 km in total

Friday, 22 December

Before breakfast
-- 45 min on the elliptical | day 58 of 60 Days of Walking

Midday
-- 3x18 power squats | day 17 of Power Squats

Late afternoon
-- Day 18 of Power Squats
-- 3x18 power squats | day 19 of Power Squats

Saturday, 23 December

Evening
-- Iron Core | lvl III | with EC
-- Day 20 of Power Squats
-- Core Fighter | lvl III | with EC
-- 3x20 power squats | day 21 of Power Squats
-- Day 22 of Power Squats
-- 3x20 power squats | day 23 of Power Squats

Late evening
-- two hall passes for Fit December
-- some marching and twisting for the gift I gave
-- part II of day 58 of 60 Days of Walking | lvl I | march step option

Mianevem

Mianevem

Tuesday, 26 December

We stayed at home today, so lots of time again for workouts! At the end of the day I felt as if I had run at least a half marathon…

Before breakfast
-- Face the Day | with EC
-- Sanctuary | with EC
-- Day 5 of Zen

Late morning
-- 39 min easy run

Afternoon
-- Day 26 of Fit December
-- Day 26 of Power Squats
-- 45 min walk | day 59 of 60 Days of Walking | my fiancé joined me

Late afternoon
-- part II of 60 Days of Walking | lvl I | march steps
-- some lungeing, kicking and jumping for the gift I gave
-- Push A | 8 kg dumbbells and non-bench options
We do have an exercise bench at home, but I didn't feel like dragging it out from under the bed and assembling it.
I skipped one-handed tricep extensions, because I was also too lazy to remove some plates from the dumbbells…

Here's a little cuteness I wanted to share yesterday but forgot:
Screenshot_20231226-210300_Gallery.jpg

She's my fiancé's family's Maltese, enjoying the warmth of the fireplace. When we were leaving, she was jumping around us, looking at me with big, shining eyes. The sweetheart thought that we were about to take her for a walk...

Mianevem

Wednesday, Dec 27

Morning
-- 10 min meditation | day 6 of Zen
While waiting for the train. I'm experimenting with what I call “non-judgement” meditation where I try to just take in my surroundings without making (positive or negative) judgements about it. I hope it helps me become more patient and less easily annoyed by other people.

Midday
-- 3x22 power squats | day 27 of Power Squats

Thursday, Dec 28

Morning
40 min run:
-- 10 min warmup
-- 20 min threshold run
-- 10 min cooldown

Friday, Dec 29

Morning
ss2023_Mianevem.jpg
Those 5 min cardio exercises were a 15 min run instead, because my Santa gave me that option, too. ;)

Late evening
-- Day 27 of Fit December

Mianevem

It's already past my bedtime, but I realised there are some things I should've posted already but forgot, so here it is!

Saturday, Dec 30

Afternoon
-- some planking for the gift I gave
-- 4x8 bicep curls with 8 kg dumbbells

Sunday, Dec 31

Evening
-- 39 min easy run

After midnight
-- 1 hr 40 min walk | counted for day 60 of 60 Days of Walking

Monday, Jan 1

Afternoon
-- 28 min jog
-- Day 28 of Fit December
-- Day 28 of Power Squats
-- Iron Core | lvl I
-- holding steady for the gift I gave
-- 3x24 power squats | day 29 of Power Squats
-- some more holds for the gift I gave, along with tapping and gripping
-- Day 30 of Power Squats
-- Reacher | lvl III | with EC
-- kicking, swimming and climbing for the gift I gave
-- Day 1 of Power Hold
-- some hitting, striking and kicking for the gift I gave
-- Day 29 of Fit December
-- 2 hall passes to finish Fit December
-- hopping, stepping and getting my knees high to finish the gift I gave
Phew!

This was the day of the first online Hive meetup. It was so good to actually see everyone! I could barely stop myself from giggling non-stop!

Mianevem

Thank you, @JCU , @Maegaranthelas , @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @MadamMeow , @Syrius , @Mamatigerj , @PETERMORRIS966

60 Days of Walking won't earn me a badge, because it took ages to finish it.

Tuesday, Jan 2

Before breakfast
-- Legs A | squats and reverse lunges with 8 kg, calf raises with 8-9 kg dumbbells, goblet squats with one 9 kg dumbbell, didn't do the single-leg deadlifts because I ran out of time

Afternoon
-- Day 2 of Power Hold
-- Reacher | lvl I

Wednesday, Jan 3

Before breakfast
-- Push B | 6 kg dumbbells, and the last exercise was skipped again because of lack of time

Afternoon
-- 36 min easy run
-- Day 3 of Power Hold
-- Day 1 of 60 Days of HIIT | cardio HIIT | lvl III
-- Day 7 of Zen

Thursday, Jan 4

Evening
-- 100 sit-ups
-- 11-13-8-6-4-7 push-ups with 30 sec rests

Mianevem

Thank you, @PetiteSheWolf , @roman , @Fremen , @Anek !
And @TopNotch , badges are pretty… so maybe… maybe I will slowly walk over to this one, quietly take it, and sneakily put it on my profile. :imp:

Friday, Jan 5

Before breakfast
-- Pull B | shrugs with 10 kg, the rest with 8 kg dumbbells, and I skipped the last exercise again…
This time I blame the key I was given at the reception of the gym. The lock it belonged to was broken, so the locker couldn't be closed. So I had to get down, ask for another key, walk back up, find the other locker, and put all my things there. I absolutely didn't want to leave my stuff in a not properly closed locker.

Especially not after a guy showed up from the second room of the women's changing room. It was early in the morning, I had just entered the changing rooms, and I haven't had a coffee yet, so I just automatically smiled and said hi to him as he did the same while leaving the room, and only then did it occur to me that he wasn't really supposed to be there… I hope he was just an electrician or a plumber or something (he came from the direction of the toilets), but in that case they could've maybe put up a sign that warns women not to start getting undressed until the repairs are done…

Edit: he probably really was a mechanic of some kind. My fiancé just complained that the cleaning ladies go into their changing rooms without any warning, just like that, too.

Last edited:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Edit: he probably really was a mechanic of some kind. My fiancé just complained that the cleaning ladies go into their changing rooms without any warning, just like that, too.
Yikes!

I haven't had a coffee yet,
Maybe he hadn't either?

People can be strange though.

This one gym I taught at had a women's locker room, a men's locker room, and a "family" locker room. The family room was hardly ever used by families since the gym didn't have any activities for very little kids. Some of the fitness instructors used to use it, because it (and the men's locker room) were between the club entrance and the workout areas of the gym, whereas the women's locker room was off in its own corner away from the workout areas.

At one point the women's locker room was closed for construction, so they temporarily converted the family room into the women's locker room. Some guy showed up one day with his daughter and did not like that and so marched on into the family-now-women's room. Got quite belligerent when I politely tried to explain the situation to him. (His kid was at least ten years old and clearly didn't need Daddy to help her get changed in any case.)

Sometimes locker room structures are pretty weird too.

In junior high my mother, brother and I went back to England to visit with friends and family for a month. One day my brother and I had gone to a public swimming pool. After the check-in desk there were signs pointing this way to the women's change room, this way to the men's as one would expect. So we went our separate ways.

Inside the women's change room I found a maze of private changing cubicles, each separated by curtains. In Canada it is common for women's locker rooms to have some private changing areas, but the main spaces in front of the lockers themselves are usually just open. I've never had any body shyness, so I always just change in the open areas and leave the private cubicles to the women who prefer them. But I couldn't find any such areas in this locker room. I wandered around and around and it was all just these curtained off cubicles everywhere. Eventually I found the lockers. But there weren't any benches in front of them. So I just got changed on the floor, stowed my gear in a locker, and then wandered around some more searching for the entrance to the pool. And I found my brother! The "women's" locker room and the "men's" locker room were all one big room that joined up in the middle!

Mianevem

Got quite belligerent when I politely tried to explain the situation to him. (His kid was at least ten years old and clearly didn't need Daddy to help her get changed in any case.)
Ugh, his behaviour must have been embarrassing for the poor girl, too!

The "women's" locker room and the "men's" locker room were all one big room that joined up in the middle!
I don't know how I would've found my way out of such a maze, it doesn't seem reasonable at all to structure the place like that… Swimming pools’ locker rooms are often like that over here, too, but usually there's only one big room with lots of lockers and cubicles, not separated by gender. So you have to use the cubicles, but at least you are aware of that, and won't accidentally find yourself in an embarrassing situation.

Saturday, Jan 6

Midday
-- Legs B | lunge step-ups with 8-9 kg, side lunges with 9 kg (8 kg would have been enough here, but I was too stubborn to change the dumbbells), calf raises and deadlifts with 10 kg, single-leg deadlifts with 7 kg dumbbells | no exercises skipped this time!

Sunday, Jan 7

Nothing! We celebrated my birthday today, which will be on the 9th, but a Sunday is much better for celebration than a Tuesday. Yesterday I stayed up until 2:30 am to make sure I had no work left for today, apart from some tiny and quick translations that would show up overnight and the next evening. Of course that meant that I got out of bed quite late, but that's acceptable on your “birthday”, isn't it? :LOL: Then my fiancé and I went to our favourite Czech restaurant, had a fancy coffee and a slice of cake each in our favourite café, and on the way home we bought some gifts for… the cat. In the afternoon I baked brownies, had an online meeting for the first LARP I'll be organising, then my fiancé and I played with the newest board game we've got, Voidfall. It was a close call, but I won! :LOL:
All in all, it was a perfect day, not counting the overwhelming tiredness that comes upon you after a huge meal accompanied by strong beer. But that was to be expected. We were also both suffering from DOMS due to yesterday's leg day. :bored:

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday GIF by Mumbai Indians

Mianevem

Thank you, @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @neilarey , @mavie , @Gandhalfit , @Silent Wolf , @lpf , @Maegaranthelas , @PetiteSheWolf , @Matan , @TopNotch , @HellYeah , @Deadoks (welcome to the Hive!), @Fremen ! :thanks:

Monday, Jan 8

Before breakfast
-- 21-11-7-8-4 push-ups | 30 sec rest
-- 100 squats
-- Day 4 of Power Hold | 16-6-6 push-ups | with EC (I just saw that there's an EC option!)
-- Day 5 of Power Hold
-- Day 6 of Power Hold | 10-7-4 push-ups | with EC
-- Iron Core | lvl I
-- Day 7 of Power Hold
-- Day 8 of Power Hold | 16-6-5 push-ups | with EC