Stronger everyday

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Day #37

Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 20, Level 2, 60s rests) Points: 250 ➡ 4300
50 Push-ups in one go COMPLETE!
50 Push-ups a Day COMPLETE!

:worried:Woohoo, I made it! I felt nervous before my 50-pushup attempt. Achieved 40 clean, and the last 10 were achieved with a few short pauses. I'm proud of this accomplishment; big thanks to Darebee for creating the challenge and helping me dream big 💭

In the next few days, once I've got my pull-up bar installed, I'll be tackling a set of hanging/prep challenges to make headway on my pull-up journey. Have a good one bees! 😀☕

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Last edited:

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Day #44

Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 27) Points: 700 ➡ 6450
1000 Push-Ups Challenge (Day 7)
Flex Hang Challenge (Day 7)
Dead Hang Challenge (Day 7)

Not today assassins! ☝💪
fight punch GIF by Paul Layzell

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Last edited:

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Day #51

Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 34, Level 1, 60s rests) Points: 100 ➡ 7850
1000 Push-Ups Challenge (Day 14)
Flex Hang Challenge (Day 14)
Dead Hang Challenge (Day 14)

Hooboy, my hammies are aching from all those snowball dodges... to my fellow bees... thank you? :sus:

Currently on another wave of reading. My interest goes up and down, probably just an indication of my enjoyment of a book, rather than my interest in the activity. Currently exploring some non-fiction: Respectable Sins (2007) by Jerry Bridges, and Dark Alliance (1999) by Gary Webb. And skimming a collection of image-heavy history books on the west in the 1800s. It's been beautiful to read some centuries-old quotes from tribal indians about their relationship to Mother Earth.

On another note, so happy to have finally gotten my office cleaned and in order yesterday. Big clear space. Can bang out some push-ups anytime now without fear of inhaling a giant dust bunny, lol. My office doubles as our family's storage room so organizing it daily can be necessary.

Since we're heading into the holiday season the topic of food is on my mind. I must say, my relationship to it seems good. I'm not worried about eating the wrong things; partly that's because we're not in the vicinity of either of our family's, so no risk of a big, raucous, sugar-rich feast. But also in part to my abstinence from bad foods as well. The other day I was given a Canadian treat, a sizable maple leaf treat composed entirely of granular maple sugar. I thought: "Given the physical activity I'm regularly engaged in, and my other dietary habits, I can probably safely get away with eating this... but why would I?" After enjoying it's presence in my pocket for awhile (I'm a rich man! lol) I threw it in the trash.

Time for some reading. Have a great one bees! 🎄😀

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Day #54

Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 37, Level 1 + WP) Points: 300 ➡ 8600
1000 Push-Ups Challenge (Day 17)
Flex Hang Challenge (Day 17)
Dead Hang Challenge (Day 17)

True Strength comes from muscle control. Oh man, I learned my lesson - slow reps killed me today. Workouts like this serve as great reminders that your bodies weight can be all the weight you need! I don't want to check out of pushing myself, but I'm tempted to start defaulting to Level 1. I've been missing something (energy? strength? perseverance?) to reach Level 2 lately.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Slow reps are an absolute killer, but truly excellent! When I do slow reps with some exercises, I half the number because I know I'm going to burn out quickly. Gives brilliant results, though.
Do you mean level 1 workouts, or any workout but at level 1 (i.e. three sets)? Nothing wrong with either approach.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
We are not always in the same physical conditions, sometimes we are better, sometimes worse and take into account that even workouts can be more or less difficult depending on our specific weaknesses.
In my opinion, in the end, the real difference is constancy, everything adds up and slowly you level up but you don't know when ;)

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
or any workout but at level 1
^This in Hero's Journey, where Level 1 is typically 5 sets. Yes the slow reps seem like a great compliment to reps to failure.

in the end, the real difference is constancy, everything adds up and slowly you level up but you don't know when ;)
Amen to that brother :hello:

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta